Sunday, May 8, 2011

Snooki's diet plan: More gym, less clubbing

The 4'9" reality TV star has been working hard to tone up and lose a few unwanted pounds.
The 4'9" reality TV star has been working hard to tone up and lose a few unwanted pounds.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • "I was 100 lbs. and really happy with myself," Snooki said
  • "I definitely want to get in shape and be healthy again," she said
  • "[I have] egg whites in the morning and chicken and salads," Snooki said
(PEOPLE.com) -- These days, fans would be more likely to catch a glimpse of Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi working up a sweat at the gym than throwing back drinks at her favorite bars.
"As everyone's planning their night at the club," she recently Tweeted, "I'm wondering when Gold's [Gym] closes."
In fact, for the past few months, the 4'9" reality TV star has been working hard to tone up and lose a few unwanted pounds.
"Two months before season 1 started, I was 100 lbs. and really happy with myself," she told PEOPLE in January. "Then I went on the show and it was like, 'Oh man. We're partying all the time, and who wants to go to the gym when you're on vacation?' "
At that point, Polizzi told PEOPLE she was working with a trainer and trying to eat healthy foods. She has also been experimenting with Zumba, a dance class, and even showed off her gymnastics skills at WWE Raw.
"I definitely want to get in shape and be healthy again," the reality star, 23, said. "But it's really hard to eat good when you're traveling because you see fast food -- and you want to go to this restaurant and that restaurant."
Healthy Living
Still, "[I have] egg whites in the morning and chicken and salads," she said. "And if you do drink, it's gotta be clear liquors."
Now, instead of throwing back Long Island Iced Teas or margaritas ("Which are, like, a million calories," she notes), Snooki's new drink of choice is a lighter option: vodka with seltzer water.
But with her trip to Italy looming (the cast will head overseas soon to film season 4), she knows the temptation to cheat on her fitness regimen will be huge.
"All we're gonna eat is pasta," she said. "I'm very, very scared -- drinking wine and having spaghetti all day [would] throw me off course."

Source : http://edition.cnn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...